SGSM is a volunteer organization and there are a number of ways you can use your unique talents, interests and skills to keep our group relevant and vital. Here are some ways you can participate.
- Become a member of SGSM - membership details are available on our Membership Page.
- Attend SGSM meetings - networking with other members is invaluable to you and other members.
- Invite family, friends and acquaintances interested in Swedish genealogy to SGSM meetings.
- Contribute articles to the SGSM newsletter Tidningen or From the Grab Bag.
- Volunteer for a SGSM support role that interests you.
- Serve on the SGSM Board of Directors.
- Provide Swedish research assistance and other genealogy help at the Minnesota Genealogical Society (MGS) Library on designated days.
You can also make a tax deductible cash donation. The Swedish Genealogical Society of Minnesota, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, is continually looking for resources and opportunities to make your research easier, more understandable and ultimately more interesting, productive and enjoyable. To make this possible we incur expenses for online databases, books, records and obtaining speakers for our meetings. Your donation will further our goal of enriching the research experience for you and others that have access to these resources at the MGS Library and at SGSM meetings. You can make a cash donation as follows:
- Mail your check along with the Donation Form (use for In Honor Of or In Memoriam).