We suggest you try each of the website pages, preferably on a computer or tablet since we don’t have a smartphone app. To access the Members Area information, you'll need to login to your account. If you have misplaced your login details or need help logging in, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Website Main Navigation
1. Home – Every website has a home page, and Swedes always want you to feel at home.
2. Website Guide – You are here.
3. Events – Details of upcoming and past events. You can 'Filter by Category', 'Timeframe', and 'Search'.
4. Our Blog – Blog on various topics.
5. Tidningen – Newsletter information and a sample newsletter for non-members.
6. New Memberships – Join using credit card, PayPal or print a membership form to mail with a check.
7. Members Area – Log in to your member account to access the following:
Tidningen – Issues from 1997-Present with a complete article index and an issue index.
Speaker Handouts – Speaker handouts from past Quarterly Meetings and Fall Conferences.
Video Links - Links to our YouTube channel and available videos from our programs.
Your Profile – Displays your member information, along with:
Surnames - To post surnames, click , to edit, click , and to delete, click
Member Settings - You can change your Login Name and Password, but you need to contact email@example.com to change other information.
Logoff – Remember to logoff for security.
8. From the Grab Bag – Vignettes based on the personal Swedish genealogy and heritage experiences of our members
9. Surname Research – You can email members to collaborate on research. If you find a surname you are interested in, click on to see their details. Anyone can email a member by clicking to send a form. Only members can add / manage surnames in the Members Area.
10. Research Tools - Articles and resources that are useful for your Swedish genealogy research.
11. Library & Archive – This is a listing of our library at the Hoffman Research Library at the Minnesota Genealogy Center, 1385 Mendota Heights Rd, Suite 100, Mendota Heights, MN 55120. Search using the following methods:
Filters – Location, Subject, Media Type, and Search allows you to specify what field you want to search on.
PDF List will display a PDF list that can be downloaded or printed.
View Categories. If you click on this, you will see a Filter drop-down menu which is just another way to filter the entries. To return to the full listing page, select “All Listings” in the Select Filter dropdown menu.
12. Links for Research – Websites to use in your Swedish research. There are Filters by Category and Timeframe that the link was posted on. Entries are labeled as “New” for 90 days to see which ones were recently added.
13. Links from the Tid – Website hyperlinks that were listed on the Online Resources page and in articles of recent Tidningen issues. Clicking on the link will take you directly to that website. There are Filters by Category (i.e. by Tidningen issue, Resources for Getting Started) and Timeframe that the link was posted on. Entries are also labeled as “New” for 90 days to make it easy to see which ones were in the most recent Tidningen.
14. Store – Check our store for Swedish genealogy items.
15. Donate & Volunteer – This describes the ways you can become an SGSM volunteer and has a donation form for memorials. One of the ways you can volunteer is to write stories and articles to help make the website and Tidningen even better.
16. About & Contact – Our Mission, Executive Board and Board of Directors, as well as email links for the board.
Additional navigation options on some pages, like 'Events' and 'Surname Research' include: