We were founded in March 1983. Membership in the Swedish Genealogical Society of Minnesota, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and a branch of the Minnesota Genealogical Society, is open to everyone interested in celebrating Swedish genealogy, history & culture. Our bylaws state that the purpose of our organization shall be to:
- Encourage interest in and expand knowledge of Swedish ancestry and heritage.
- Exchange ideas relating to genealogical research and methodology.
- Provide instruction on topics of interest to members.
- Expand awareness of Swedish society and culture.
- Encourage the research and writing of family, emigration/immigration and settlement histories, and publication of Swedish genealogical material.
We have fun and engaging programs with research and translation helpers available. Also, Swedish Research Day is the 3rd Thursday
of every month (except December) at the MGS Library
staffed with our experienced research team.