For all of you out-state, out-of-state and out-of-country SGSM members, here is your chance to finally be a part of our Fall Conference this year. The webinar will be LIVE, and also recorded so if you live in a different time zone or have a schedule conflict on the day of the conference, you will be able to access the recordings from November 1st through December 31st
Our speaker, Thomas MacEntee, is a professional genealogist specializing in the use of technology and social media, to improve genealogical research and as a means of integrating with others in the family history community. Given Thomas MacEntee's background, it only seems appropriate that he will be conducting our first virtual conference. We're going virtual because of COVID-19. Almost all genealogy and family history events are moving to virtual meetings and conferences for the next few months. Here’s what you need to know about our virtual conference so that you can get the most out of this educational experience:
1. You will need to register for the virtual conference and you will receive a confirmation via email. KEEP THIS EMAIL! It will contain the link used to connect you to the virtual conference on October 31st. This connection link is unique to your email and is not to be shared with others.
2. You will also receive reminder emails periodically about the virtual conference and the start time, etc.
3. BEFORE YOU CONNECT check your audio settings so you can hear the webinars during the virtual conference broadcast. Also, close any background applications such as videos, games, Skype, Facebook, etc. These programs will slow down your connection and result in problems with hearing and seeing the webinar.
4. You DO NOT have to turn on your web camera AND your audio will be muted so others cannot hear you. Questions will be submitted by having attendee’s type in the Questions panel.
5. The WEBINARS WILL BE RECORDED. The webinar will be LIVE, and also recorded so that as an attendee you can go back and review the content from November 1 through December 31, 2020. If you need to leave the virtual conference early on October 31st, or need to take a break, you don’t have to worry about missing anything.
6. You will have the chance to ask questions during the webinars and all the questions submitted will be answered by the speaker at the end of each webinar.
Go to our Events
page for more information and to register.